The BIOCENTRUM Environmental Protection and Water Management Ltd. has founded in 1998. The company is owned 100% by Hungarian individuals. The primal experts of the company were the former employees of the Eötvös Loránd Geophysical Institute, Environmental Protection and Engineering Geophysical Department which has been closed during the years of 1993-1994. The company was renamed to BIOCENTRUM in 2006. In 2010 the ELGOSCAR International Ldt. has been merged into our company, accordingly we are its all-inculive successor. We operate a Quality Management System since the establishment which is built on the new MSZ EN 9001:2015 standard.
Our company is engaged in researching and developing geological, hydrogeological, geophysical and environment protection methodologies. According to our operations our goal is not only the prevention of environmental polluting, we also survey and decontaminate polluted territories. The regular staff’s headcount is 25; some of the employees have already more than 10 years of experience in geology, hydrogeology, geophysics and environmental protection.
Our company ensures an educational and investigational base for 100 students per year, strengthening the purchasing of technical knowledge and experience.
With the environmental site assessment of the ALKALOIDA Chemical Factory the BIOCENTRUM Ltd. won the price of “The best geological research” from the Hungarian Geological Survey. This warranted us more professionally hard job offers.
The company possesses ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System (valid: 15.08.2021), ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System (valid: 15.08.2021) and BS OHSAS 18001:2007 Occupational Health and Safety Assessment Series (valid: 17.06.2019).
The staff of BIOCENTRUM Ltd. consists of graduate geologists, geophysicists, hydrogeologists, biological engineers, environmental engineers and chemical engineers. Some of the fellows participated in expeditions in Mongolia, Cuba, Spain and surrounding countries.
Scope of activities
Our company deals with scientific and technological research and development.
Environmental base services
- Environmental impact assessment, risk analysis
- Environmental verification
- Environmental audit
- Environmental consultancy
Environment geological exploration, site assessment
- Geological and hydrogeological exploration
- Questing of contaminated soils
- Vertically and horizontally impoundment of contamination
- Defining the movement of pollutants in soil
Environmental remediation construction
- Constructing of technological intervention
- Constructing of equipment
- Manufacturing of environmental remediation equipment
- Removing pollutants from soil and groundwater
- Purifying contaminated ground water
- Purifying contaminated soil in situ and ex situ
- Treatment and transport of hazardous waste